7.07.2010

Someday

Sometimes I just feel discouraged. I know that I'm young, I have so much time, but I just want results. I can make my friends pose for me as much as I want-- drag them in front of the camera. But I just can't wait for the day clients want ME, and it's not just me sitting here, wanting clients more than anything ever before.

It just seems so intimidating. This world of photography that I'm not really a part of yet. This world of photographers who know who their second shooters are. I'm scared, because at this point, I feel like it'll be almost impossible to get that foot in the door. But I have to try. I have to, because it's what I want.

I am so thankful for the people who have helped me to get even to where I am today-- providing support, offering advice, everything. I just can't wait for the day when someone will actually want ME to shoot them.


One day.

2 comments:

  1. Erica,
    thank you for listening when i said to blog everything that you are feeling. to blog your journey. because these entries are what make you smile later on. its these entries that make you so grateful that sometime down the road, you are happy and doing what you absolutely love. the beginning is always the toughest, but i promise that if you don't ever give up...it will happen! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep on shooting, Erica! your work has soul, and when you "speak" to your viewer, you are destined to go somewhere! ~Mrs. Newman

    ReplyDelete