4.02.2011

Portraits: Jasmine

Jasmine is rarely known to her friends as that-- instead, she goes by the spunky and fitting nickname of Jazzy.
I was good friends with her older brother Julian a few years back, so when Jazzy came into school with me I always knew who she was. We had some of the same friends, but we didn't really get to know each other well until last year. We ended up sharing a hotel room together at a few conventions we went to, and I had an absolute blast getting to know her. This year, we even have a class together!
Jazzy is absolutely adorable. She is full of energy, laughter, and life. What I admire most about Jazzy is that she lives her life on her terms-- she doesn't seem to worry about what other people are thinking of her. Whenever Jazzy and I get together, we have a blast!
You might recognize Karen from her portrait session-- she hung out with Jazzy and I and we just had to include her in some photos. :)


To Jazzy-- thanks for braving the camera even though you felt uncomfortable. You were a spectacular model! Thanks for filling me with delicious Indian food, laughing at my jokes, and letting me fulfill my artistic vision for this shoot. Thanks to you and Karen for spending the day with me-- it was a blast! Hope you love the photos. :)




Jazzy, you are adorable!! Jazzy was really nervous beforehand, but you can't even tell!








This photo is so quintessentially Jazzy! Love it














These next few are by far my favorites. Jazzy, you are absolutely stunning.




Helloooo gorgeous!!




Hellooo beautiful light!! Thank you for coming. :)






We had to cross some treacherous and painful plants to get here, but it was worth it!








Again, Jazzy and Karen, I had a blast with you! Thanks for hanging out with me and taking these photos :)

2 comments:

  1. These photos are wonderful, and I love that you included the last one of the three of you! Keep on taking photos, Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is this?? These photos are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete